Thai Lemongrass Coconut Soup: Video Recipe| April 27, 2020
A homemade vegetable soup is one of my favourite things to cozy up with on a rainy day. Most of us already have our tried and true favourites when it comes to soup, so why not try out something new? This Thai Lemongrass Coconut Soup has delicious flavor and is full of good-for-you ingredients!
Check out our video tutorials on YouTube and learn new recipes alongside Casey from Urban Hippie! Subscribe to our channel here and stay up to date on all of the new videos we post.
Vegan, Gluten-Free Option, Soy-Free
- 2 cans (14-ounce/400 mL each) of coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon of Thai green curry paste
- Stems of 1 bunch of cilantro, rinsed well
- 2 cups (500 ml) vegetable broth
- 5 lime leaves
- 2 -3 stalks of lemongrass, halved lengthwise, woody leaves removed
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) of alternate fish sauce
- Zest and juice of 2 limes
- A small knob frozen ginger
- 1 bunch of cilantro leaves, rinsed well 2 or 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- Scoop the thick coconut cream from the top of just one of the cans into a large stockpot set over a medium-high heat.
- Melt the cream, add the curry paste and stir for a few minutes until they begin to sizzle.
- Add the cilantro and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add the coconut juice from the first can and all the contents of the second can along with the lime leaves, lemongrass, fish sauce, lime zest and juice.
- Grate the frozen ginger into the broth with a Microplane grater or standard box grater.
- Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove the lemongrass stalks. Stir in most of the cilantro leaves.
- Taste and season with a touch of salt as needed.
- Garnish with green onions and remaining cilantro leaves. Add noodles if you wish.
Enjoy our Thai Lemongrass Coconut Soup recipe? If you feel so inclined, click on the button below.
Make a recipe with us! Head over to our YouTube channel or check out our Simple Salad Ideas!