Smoothie Bowl| August 21, 2019
Try out this delicious Heart-Healthy Smoothie Bowl Recipe to get a nutritious start to your morning!
This recipe is so easy to make for a quick breakfast or snack throughout the day. It helps get in your daily fruit serving size while adding a fun textured twist. Furthermore, it has only a few simple ingredients, this smoothie is refreshing and full of goodness.
Frozen berry recipes are perfect for the summer, keeping you cool, and healthy. We recommend that you experiment with different types of berries, helping change up the beautiful colours that the blended berries make! My personal favourite is to add blueberries, which turns the smoothie purple!
At Urban Hippie, we love to make all sorts of recipes. This smoothie bowl is a great quick meal when you don’t have time to rummage through your kitchen.
We encourage you to go crazy with toppings and be creative. For instance, prinkling healthy seeds, berries or granola can really add a new level of flavour and texture! If you want to add a little crunch to your bowl, make sure to check out all the granolas we offer here at Urban Hippie. My personal favourite for smoothie bowls is the Vanilla Coconut Granola. It mixes perfectly with the fruit blend and adds some crunchy sweetness to your breakfast.
Want to see more?
If you enjoyed making this smoothie bowl, we recommend you check out all the other recipes we post on the blog. As a result, you might be interested in making our Amazing Loaf of bread or trying out an easy Chia Jam recipe!
Above all, we want to hear from you! Leave a review down below about your experience with this recipe. In addition, head over to our Facebook page and get involved in the conversation of baking fanatics! We love to see your comments!
• 1 heaping cup (160 g) organic frozen mixed berries
• 1 (100 g) small ripe banana, sliced and frozen
• 2-3 Tbsp (30-45 ml) light coconut or almond milk, plus more as needed
• optional: 1 scoop plain or vanilla protein powder of choice*
• Black Berries
• Urban Hippie Trail Mix
• Add frozen berries and banana to a blender and blend on low until small bits remain.
• Add a bit of coconut, or almond milk and if you’d like add protein powder. Blend on low again, scraping down sides as needed, until the mixture aims for a soft serve consistency.