Potato Dill Soup| August 21, 2019
They say in life, you attract the things you think about the most. That must be why I attracted a big ‘o sack of potatoes. Thank you organic farmer out there who deemed me the lucky recipient of your extra tubers.
- 7 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cup
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 1⁄4cup preferred butter or butter substitute
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4teaspoon pepper
- 6 tablespoons dill (2 tbsp if using dried) – save a few sprigs of dill for garnish
- 12 ounces of favorite milk
- handful of pumpkin seeds
I used a crockpot this time though I normally like to make my soups on the stove. However, this turned out great in there.
- In a large crockpot, combine first ten ingredients.
- Cover and cook on high until the vegetables are tender (Around 4-5 hours).
- Add milk. Stir to blend.
- Use a hand mixer to blend some of the potato. I like to have small pieces of potato so I stopped before it turned into a puree. Sprinkle fresh dill on top along with pumpkin seeds.