This recipe of oats and honey granola bars creates a delicious and healthy granola bar, not to mention it is the perfect balance between crunchy and soft. Pre-make these snacks for a quick and healthy breakfast or a delicious snack on-the-go! The ingredient list is clean, wholesome ingredients you will likely already have around your house. Substitute the oat flour and rolled oats with gluten-free options to make gluten-free granola bars. Well what are you waiting for – lets get baking! 🙂
- 3 1/4 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 3/4 cups crispy rice cereal
- 2/3 cups oat flour (see below) OR whole wheat pastry flour
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a 9- by 13-inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- Stir together the dry ingredients in a large bowl; oats, crispy rice cereal, oat flour, brown sugar, baking soda, and salt
- Measure honey, melted coconut oil, and vanilla into a measuring cup, then drizzle over oat mixture and stir until combined
- Transfer oat mixture into prepared pan and press down very firmly into an even layer – use the flat bottom of a spare pan to help pack the mixture down
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until light golden brown on top. (The longer the crunchier – careful not to burn!)
- Remove from oven and use the spare pan to press down the granola bars again.
- Cool in pan for 15 minutes, then carefully lift granola bars out with the parchment paper, onto a cutting board
- Cool for 5 more minutes and then cut into 12 bars.
- Remove to a cooling rack to finish cooling completely. Store in an airtight container.
OAT FLOUR: to make 2/3 oat flour, you will roughly need 3/4 to 1 cup of rolled oats. Blend in a food processor until consistency is a fine powder.
Recipe from Samantha at FiveHeartHome! https://www.fivehearthome.com/oats-honey-granola-bars/