Maca Matcha Whata? Excuse Me?| August 21, 2019
It’s one of our most popular flavours and may be the most difficult to pronounce! This granola is filled with perfectly toasted pumpkin seeds, sweet dried currants, maca root and matcha green tea.
After sampling this granola at many demos, I’ve encountered several people who are unfamiliar with these two superfoods so I thought I would list some of the benefits of Maca and Matcha. You can see why we’ve included these two powerful ingredients in our granola.
MACA: (Lepidium meyenii) is a herbaceous biennial plant native to the high Andes of Peru which is used as a root vegetable and a medicinal herb.
- Could improve your mood by reducing anxiety and symptoms of depression.
- It’s highly nutritious – Maca contains several minerals and vitamins. Such as Vitamine C and B6, Iron, Potassium, Copper, and Manganese.
- May improve your energy levels and endurance.
- It increases libido in men and women.
- May improve learning and brain function.
- Could relieve symptoms of menopause.
MATCHA: Japanese green tea leaves which are specially grown and then finely ground into a powder. Matcha is shade grown for three weeks. Afterwards, the veins and stems are carefully removed.
- Very high in antioxidants.
- Can give your metabolism a boost and burn calories.
- Will efficiently and naturally detoxify your body.
- Provides a calming effect on the mind and body.
- Is high in fiber and chlorophyll.
- Enhances mood and helps with concentration.
- Contains vitamin C, selenium, chromium, zinc and magnesium.
- Lowers cholesterol and blood sugar.
Please note – we are not doctors nor have training in the medical field. Please consult with your physician for advice for your personal needs.