I have always thought making lasagna would be daunting and so I’ve avoided it at all costs. Boy was I mistaken!
We had guests over the other day and I inquired what they would like to eat. They suggested making nice big lasagna for everyone to dig into family-style.
I took her suggestion and tackled the lasagna project. I entered areas of the market I’ve never been and found myself buying those thick flat noodles. So, after researching lasagna, and understanding the steps involved, I made this beauty. And guess what? It was delicious and easy!
I don’t know what I was so scared of this whole time. Enjoy this slow cooker version of a wonderful lasagna recipe!
This recipe is perfect for big family gathering, or even just to make for yourself. What I really love about making lasagnas, is how easy they are to store and heat up later on. It’s really the greatest meal prep option, as Lasagna maintains it’s flavour really well.
In addition, lasagna has many perks because of how it’s made. The recipe leaves you with a lot of room to add in as many veggies as you’d like. You can even make it vegetarian! When I make my lasanga, I like to pack it full of veggies to really get all the nutrious flavours into my dish!
I hope you enjoy!
• 340g ground beef (I used Yves)
• 2 carrots shopped
• 2 celery stalks chopped
• 20 mushrooms, chopped
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 3 cups tomato sauce
• 12 uncooked lasagna noodles
• 3/4 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
• 1 container 475 g ricotta cheese
• 3/4 cups cheddar grated mozzarella cheese
• Pinch of salt and pepper
1. Combine the beef, carrot, celery, mushrooms, garlic, salt and pepper. Set aside.
2. Spread 3/4 cup of the tomato sauce at the bottom of the slow cooker. Cover with a layer of noodles. Feel free to break them, if necessary.
3. Cover with one half of the meat mixture. Cover with 1 cup of tomato sauce and sprinkle with half of of the Parmesan cheese. Cover with a layer of noodles and add the ricotta cheese.
4. Follow with a layer of noodles. Add the other half of the meat mixture. Cover with 1 and 1/4 cup of tomato sauce and sprinkle with the other half of the Parmesan cheese. top with the mozzarella cheese.
5. Cover and cook on low for about 4 hours.