Fudgy Maple Flourless Chocolate Black Bean Brownies| August 21, 2019
Wow, I’ve been missing out. When I first heard of black bean brownies I thought ‘now we’re taking this health thing a little too far.’ What nut job decided to throw beans in his brownie mix in the first place. ‘Hey I think these brownies would taste great with bunch of beans mixed in’. A genius that’s who.
I decided to give this a try as I had black beans in my cupboard just waiting to be added to some homemade nachos. The nachos never happened and now my three bean salad won’t either but it’s worth it. These brownies I skeptically made and therefore added in a ton of chocolate chips proved me wrong big time. In fact next time I’m not even adding the chips. It’s that good. Make these and then cut yourself a big ‘ol slice because you’ll be eating BEANS (not brownies).
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 eggs (or egg replacement)
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted (or butter)
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- Grease an 8×8-inch baking pan.
- Place beans, eggs, butter, cacao powder, salt, vanilla and maple syrup in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth. Stir in chocolate chips by hand.
- Transfer mixture to prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until brownies are set in the center and a toothpicks comes out clean. Cool completely. Dig in.
Inspired by Brittany Mullins.