Mornings can be really busy. And it may be difficult to cook breakfast when you know you might be late for work. Sometimes I leave the house with just a simple coffee and we all know that sets us up for impulse buying when we get hungry. I wanted to create something that is quick and nutritious for your busy morning! I love chocolate and peanut butter so this Chocolate Peanut butter morning shake is a wonderful healthy option.
- 1 Cup of No Sugar But You So Sweet Granola
- 1-2 Tbsp of Peanut Butter
- 4 Ice cubes (Could vary Depending on Blender)
- 200-300 ML of Milk (Flavours vary from Almond, Vanilla, Coconut etc.)
- 1 Whole Banana
- 3 Tbsp of Raw Cocoa Powder
- 1 Cup of Unsweetened Protein Powder (Optional)
- 1 Drops of Vanilla Extract
- 1 handful of greens (kale or spinach, optional)
- 2 Tbsp of Flax seeds
- Urban Hippie Chocolate Coconut granola
- Add the almond milk to your blender cup. Can be more or less depending on how you would like the consistency of the shake. I like mine thick.
- Place the 3-4 Ice cubes in blender.
- Add 1 cup of oats into the blender.
- Use one whole banana and slice it up into as many pieces as necessary. (This step is only needed if your blender isn’t as powerful and can’t chop ingredients whole)
- Apply 1-2 table spoons of peanut butter depending on what your diet macros are.
- Finally add the raw cocoa powder, vanilla, and flax seeds.
- *Optional* Add the protein powder and greens. (I have a backup of greens powder that I use when I run out of fresh and frozen greens)
- Mix & make sure that all ingredients are blended in properly so there aren’t any large chunks.
- Top with Urban Hippie Chocolate Coconut granola for extra crunch!
- Serve & Enjoy!
This recipe is very diverse as it doesn’t necessarily have to be chocolate and peanut butter, you can change the flavour by adding different protein powders and fruits to spice it up! Hope you all enjoyed my take on how a breakfast shake should be done.
Like this recipe? Help support or staff during this time. [kofi]